Eight-year-old warrior Jeranimo became the first horse to win the San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) three times when he cut loose his patented stretch run to score by 1 1/4 lengths Jan. 4 at Santa Anita Park.
Late-running Jeranimo returned to his best form with a perfect setup in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT), soaring through the stretch under a confident Rafael Bejarano to win going away on the turf July 20 at Del Mar.
Last at the head of the stretch, million-dollar earner Jeranimo overpowered his rivals to win the $150,500 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. IIT) going away on the turf at Santa Anita Park Jan. 13.
On the final day of June this year, Arazi's 6-year-old grandson Jeranimo showed a flash of magic, coming from last to first to score his first grade I win in the Shoemaker Mile.
Trailing the field into the stretch, outsider Jeranimo angled to the middle of the track and flew home for Garrett Gomez to earn his first grade I win in the $300,000 Shoemaker Mile June 30 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Favored Jeranimo rebounded from his seventh-place finish in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) three weeks ago with a decisive 2 3/4-length victory in the $250,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Always close to the leaders, Jeranimo got the jump on Mr. Commons and proved to be too much for the 4-5 favorite to handle, winning the $150,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) in brisk fashion at Santa Anita Oct. 8.
Surprising Jeranimo slipped between the leaders at the sixteenth pole and rolled to a 1 1/4-length victory over 7-10 favorite Misremembered in the $200,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack