One of the unique offerings on this year's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) day card at Pimlico Race Course May 16 is the $50,000 Jockey Challenge Presented by Xpressbet that will feature seven active Hall of Fame riders.
The Lady Legends for the Cure IV highlights "The People's Pink Party," a joint effort between Pimlico Race Course and the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure, the world's largest breast cancer organization.
Jennifer Rowland Small won more than 190 races as a top pioneering female rider in Maryland during the 1970s, but the biggest win on her hometown track came May 18.
For both the camaraderie and the cause, an elite group of retired female jockeys will return to Pimlico May 20 to compete in the Lady Legends for the Cure Race II.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru