One of the unique offerings on this year's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) day card at Pimlico Race Course May 16 is the $50,000 Jockey Challenge Presented by Xpressbet that will feature seven active Hall of Fame riders.
The Lady Legends for the Cure IV highlights "The People's Pink Party," a joint effort between Pimlico Race Course and the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure, the world's largest breast cancer organization.
Jennifer Rowland Small won more than 190 races as a top pioneering female rider in Maryland during the 1970s, but the biggest win on her hometown track came May 18.
For both the camaraderie and the cause, an elite group of retired female jockeys will return to Pimlico May 20 to compete in the Lady Legends for the Cure Race II.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects