One of the unique offerings on this year's Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) day card at Pimlico Race Course May 16 is the $50,000 Jockey Challenge Presented by Xpressbet that will feature seven active Hall of Fame riders.
The Lady Legends for the Cure IV highlights "The People's Pink Party," a joint effort between Pimlico Race Course and the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure, the world's largest breast cancer organization.
Jennifer Rowland Small won more than 190 races as a top pioneering female rider in Maryland during the 1970s, but the biggest win on her hometown track came May 18.
For both the camaraderie and the cause, an elite group of retired female jockeys will return to Pimlico May 20 to compete in the Lady Legends for the Cure Race II.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge