A participant and audience member in a panel on "Fixing Racing," the final panel of the Global Symposium on Racing and Gaming, echoed the same sentiment: Cooperation is key in building integrity.
A request by Suffolk Downs that the Massachusetts Gaming Commission reconsider its decision to award its Boston area casino license to Wynn Resorts didn't get out of the starting gate at a public hearing Oct. 9.
Following the recent death of one horse stabled at Suffolk Downs from equine herpes myelitis, no horses are being allowed to leave the track, though no official quarantine has been imposed.
Massachusetts is the first U.S. racing authority to endorse horse safety and welfare guidelines from the International Group of Specialists Racing Veterinarians.
Racing officials and regulators gathered April 1 acknowledged a need for transparency, consistency, and quick, cohesive action in response to high-profile incidents.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission Oct. 17 voted unanimously to adopt the national uniform medication and drug-testing program.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission took steps Jan. 30 to ensure the highest standards in both integrity and safety as the state's horse racing industry prepares to coexist with planned casinos in the near future.
Arlington Park has become the fourth racetrack to earn re-accreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Churchill Downs will be the first U.S. racetrack reviewed by an inspection team as part of the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance accreditation process. The inspection visit will begin Monday, April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint