Family and friends will say their good-byes to Jeff Lukas during a funeral service March 30 at 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Atoka, Okla.
- By Steve Haskin
So, how do you deal with a horse who showed great promise, but nearly killed your son, changing his life forever; a horse who was now being branded as a rogue? read blog
Lukas was the only son of Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas.
Counting down the top 10 Bloodhorse.com videos for 2008. No 1: La Ville Rouge, dam of Barbaro
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The victories by Tabasco Cat in the 1994 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were looked upon by the late William T. Young as his happiest moments in racing.
Tabasco Cat, who won the 1994 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) Stakes as a homebred for William T. Young and David Reynolds, died at the Japan Bloodstock Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
This Saturday marks the 20th anniversary of the Breeders' Cup, and only one trainer has saddled horses in each rendition of racing's biggest day. D. Wayne Lukas, in addition to his vast success in Triple Crown events, is by far the winningest Breeders' Cup conditioner.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes