The Texas Thoroughbred Association and Lone Star Park have entered into an agreement for Western Bloodstock Ltd. to conduct sales at the Texas Thoroughbred sales pavilion at the Grand Prairie track.
At a March 20 statehouse rally in Boston, hundreds of local horsemen, track employees, city mayors, and labor leaders pressed lawmakers for action on a proposal that would add 2,000 slot machines at each of the state's four pari-mutuel facilities.
The Massachusetts Senate voted 26-9 Oct. 6 to pass a bill allowing 2,000 slots machines at each of the state's four pari-mutuel tracks, including its major Thoroughbred facility, Suffolk Downs.
Led by a united New England Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association, and with the support of workers and officials at Suffolk Downs, the Massachusetts horse racing industry cancelled the live Sept. 28 card at the East Boston racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Group I Winner Bahri Retired From Stud Duty
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point