A former president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association who was barred from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races for almost 10 years has won his appeal for reinstatement.
The West Virginia Racing Commission Aug. 15 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation that Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort can't abandon December racing, but it allowed leeway should purse money not be available.
The West Virginia Racing Commission June 17 overturned a woman's almost nine-year ban from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races and tabled action on a similar ejection of her husband.
A husband and wife that have been banned from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races for more than eight years in connection with a horseman's group civil lawsuit finally had their appeal heard Jan. 29.
The West Virginia Racing Commission Oct. 22 upheld a hearing officer's recommendation not to lessen penalties given to two horsemen involved in the use of a "program trainer" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Frammento Has Final Drill at Saratoga
- Spanish Queen Carries On in American Oaks
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Alsvid Takes Aristides Over Work All Week
- Lockout Closes to Connaught Cup Win
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf