Cirrus des Aigles comfortably held back Flintshire and tallied a third consecutive group I win in the Investec Coronation Cup (In Commemoration of St Nicholas Abbey) June 7, but he was pulled up a bit lame.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Cirrus des Aigles got the best of Qutar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner Treve in a stretch-long duel April 27 at Longchamp, handing the filly the first defeat of her career in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I).
Thought earlier this year to have his best days behind him, Cirrus Des Aigles showed he still had his competitive fire when winning the Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II) for the third time Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
As a showdown with Frankel looms later this month, European champion Cirrus des Aigles uncoiled an explosive rally a quarter mile out at Longchamp, romping to an easy win in the Oct. 6 Qatar Prix Dollar (Fr-II).
Cirrus des Aigles took the lead soon after the start and never looked back as he cruised to an easy eight-length victory in the Prix Ganay (Fr-I) at Longchamp April 29.
France's Corine Barande-Barbe became the first female trainer to win a race on Dubai World Cup night when Cirrus des Aigles captured the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic Presented By Longines (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse.
French raider Cirrus des Aigles edged So You Think in the final strides to claim victory in the $2,028,000 QIPCO Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training