Entries for the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) won't be drawn until March 31, but from the looks of the nominations, the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prep is shaping into a deep and competitive field with many of the nation's top trainers and horses participating.
So, the undefeated 2-year-old champion, sent off at 1-20 in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III), had a fever the week before the race and the public was unaware of it. There is nothing that can be said here that won't be said in the weeks to come by those who bet War Pass, including the bridge jumpers, and those who had invested in him emotionally.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day