A new book, The Kentucky Derby: Derby Fever, Derby Day, and The Run for the Roses, is available for purchase at KentuckyDerbyStore.com.
In an effort to tell a more comprehensive history of Thoroughbred racing in North America, the National Museum of Racing will be expanding its Hall of Fame with a new category, Pillars of the Turf, beginning in 2013.
Turf writers Jay Hovdey and the late Whitney Tower have been chosen as the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor recipients for 2012.
Rachel Alexandra gets the main prize, but partisan crowd shows admiration for both at the 2009 Eclipse Awards.
For the 16th consecutive year, Cot Campbell of Dogwood Stable presented the Dominion Award to one of racing's unsung heroes -- this time to Vincent "Vinnie" Garibaldi -- at a luncheon July 30 at the Reading Room in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Unable to travel to Saratoga Springs for the national Hall of Fame induction ceremony Aug. 4, retired jockey Ismael "Milo" Valenzuela will receive his commemorative jacket and plaque on Sunday in a special induction ceremony at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif.
By Bill Christine - When I mentioned to a colleague that I was taking on the Racing Hall of Fame again, he tried to dissuade me. "That's too easy," he said. "That's not shooting fish in a barrel; that's shooting a guppy in a teacup. Pick on somebody slightly harder, like President Bush, or Britney, or Frank Stronach."
Nominations for the 14th annual Dogwood Dominion Award, honoring an outstanding member of the Thoroughbred racing industry, are now being accepted.
Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone was released early Saturday morning from Centinela Hospital in Inglewood after suffering upper body injuries in a nasty two-horse spill Friday afternoon at nearby Hollywood Park.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Julie Krone is a role model to female riders trying to make it in a racing world dominated by men.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse