Two days prior to the Kentucky Derby, Wood Memorial runner-up Normandy Invasion displayed some overly eager behavior in what was slated to be an easy morning gallop May 2 at Churchill Downs.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) runner-up Normandy Invasion has been getting 'sharper and smoother every day he's been here,' trainer Chad Brown said at Churchill April 27, after the Tapit colt breezed five furlongs in :59 flat.
"She's going to have to be dealt with on Friday," trainer Chad Brown remarked of Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf contender Zagora. "I have respect for the horses that have come over here, but mine is pretty good."
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame