Two days prior to the Kentucky Derby, Wood Memorial runner-up Normandy Invasion displayed some overly eager behavior in what was slated to be an easy morning gallop May 2 at Churchill Downs.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) runner-up Normandy Invasion has been getting 'sharper and smoother every day he's been here,' trainer Chad Brown said at Churchill April 27, after the Tapit colt breezed five furlongs in :59 flat.
"She's going to have to be dealt with on Friday," trainer Chad Brown remarked of Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf contender Zagora. "I have respect for the horses that have come over here, but mine is pretty good."
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule