An unusually large number of stall applications has led Canterbury Park to open its barn area seven days earlier than planned.
Canterbury Park has hired Javier Barajas as track superintendent for the 2013 racing season. Barajas has held similar positions at Arlington Park, Golden Gate Fields, Fair Grounds, and Retama Park.
Pam and Martin Wygod's After Market, the 2-1 morning line favorite for Saturday's Arlington Million XXV (gr. IT), was unexpectedly withdrawn the morning of the race due to the yielding condition of the turf course.
A year after an unprecedented string of catastrophic breakdowns left horsemen wondering what was wrong with the dirt track at Arlington Park, they were singing the praises of a new synthetic racing surface.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing