Fancy Pan and daughters have been giving New Jersey-based breeder Bo Smith and Kentucky consignor Joe Dodgen winners and sale stars over several generations.
Daniel J. Lopez's Geeky Gorgeous, a winner of three stakes races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2013.
With New York-breds making their presence felt in open company, here comes Palace, who looks to be the class of the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park Feb. 17.
Ahmed Zayat hopes to make an early trip to the winner's circle in the Forego Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 31, just before Paynter continues on his comeback trail in the featured Woodward (gr. I).
A full field of 13, including four graded stakes winners, will clash in the May 18 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park.
Smith Farm and Stable's Javerre, a winner of four races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2012.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby