Merus Miami dropped back to last on the backstretch and then rallied through the final quarter of a mile to win the $75,000 Gold Rush Stakes by one length at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 20.
Jockey Luis Jauregui, who fractured one of his lower vertebrae in a Jan. 26 racing accident, was discharged from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Jan. 30 after a four-day stay.
Jockey Luis Jauregui remained hospitalized Friday due to injuries incurred in an accident at the start of the eighth race Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
Del Mar's jockeys, seeking to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina, have volunteered to participate in a dunk tank over Labor Day weekend to raise funds toward relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Red Rifle Rallies to Dominion Day Victory