Merus Miami dropped back to last on the backstretch and then rallied through the final quarter of a mile to win the $75,000 Gold Rush Stakes by one length at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 20.
Jockey Luis Jauregui, who fractured one of his lower vertebrae in a Jan. 26 racing accident, was discharged from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Jan. 30 after a four-day stay.
Jockey Luis Jauregui remained hospitalized Friday due to injuries incurred in an accident at the start of the eighth race Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
Del Mar's jockeys, seeking to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina, have volunteered to participate in a dunk tank over Labor Day weekend to raise funds toward relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf