Merus Miami dropped back to last on the backstretch and then rallied through the final quarter of a mile to win the $75,000 Gold Rush Stakes by one length at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 20.
Jockey Luis Jauregui, who fractured one of his lower vertebrae in a Jan. 26 racing accident, was discharged from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Jan. 30 after a four-day stay.
Jockey Luis Jauregui remained hospitalized Friday due to injuries incurred in an accident at the start of the eighth race Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
Del Mar's jockeys, seeking to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina, have volunteered to participate in a dunk tank over Labor Day weekend to raise funds toward relief.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm