Merus Miami dropped back to last on the backstretch and then rallied through the final quarter of a mile to win the $75,000 Gold Rush Stakes by one length at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 20.
Jockey Luis Jauregui, who fractured one of his lower vertebrae in a Jan. 26 racing accident, was discharged from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Jan. 30 after a four-day stay.
Jockey Luis Jauregui remained hospitalized Friday due to injuries incurred in an accident at the start of the eighth race Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
Del Mar's jockeys, seeking to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina, have volunteered to participate in a dunk tank over Labor Day weekend to raise funds toward relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park