Godolphin Racing's Flashing, a winner of four of six starts this season including the grade I Test Stakes, has a clear edge over a full field of 3-year-old fillies in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) Oct. 24 at Keeneland.
Prohibitive choice Mani Bhavan, yet to be headed at any call in her three starts, repelled a bid from Jardin mid-stretch en route to victory in the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 31.
For a filly that romped in both of her starts, including a seven-length laugher in the Adirondack Stakes (gr. II), Mani Bhavan hasn't gotten much respect from the bettors. That's going to change, though, in the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 31.
The $112,900 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) was both good and bad for trainer Steve Asmussen, who saddled the overlooked Jardin to victory over the sloppy Saratoga main track even as favored Ocean Colors faded to last in the test of 2-year-old fillies July 23.
Ocean Colors, an impressive winner in her first start, may be the sentimental choice heading in to the $100,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) on Saratoga's opening day, July 23. Eleven 2-year-old fillies will carry 119 pounds while contesting the six-furlong contest, and all of them are seeking their first stakes victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Team Equest Designed to Attract New Owners
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year