Front-running Little Mike looks for his third graded stakes win of the current Gulfstream Park season when he faces eight rivals in the $100,000 Emirates Airlines Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 3.
Colizeo, who has the looks of a star in the making, captured the $60,000 Challenger Stakes in style, as he set a stakes record for the 20-year-old race by traveling 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.94 under Willie Martinez.
Quality Road and Blame, sitting atop the national handicap division for much of the year, square off in what shapes up as a superb lineup for Saratoga's $750,000 Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding