Jeweler landed the first leg of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies when she edged familiar rival Sinhalite by a nose in a thrilling finish of the Oka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas) April 10 at Hanshin.
Let's Go Donki dominated 17 rivals April 12 at Hanshin when cruising to a front-running win in the Oka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas), the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies.
Harp Star completed an eye-catching last to first rally in the Oka Sho (Jpn, I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas), a stylish victory that kicked off the classic season in Japan April 13 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Favored Apapane overtook pacesetter Oken Sakura in the final strides to claim the 70th running of the Oka Sho (Jpn-I), Japan's equivalent of the English One Thousand Guineas at Hanshin Racecourse April 11.
Heavy favorite Buena Vista collared second choice Red Desire with 100 meters to run and went on to capture the US$2.1 million Oka Sho (Japanese One Thousand Guineas) by a half-length for the second grade I victory of her career April 12 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Reginetta sprang a 43-1 surprise in the US$1,646,00 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), the Japanese equivalent of the One Thousand Guineas held at Hanshin Race Course April 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'