The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company kicked off its 2-year-olds in training sale March 15 with across-the-board declines as a striking son of Uncle Mo topped the day's trading at $1.3 million.
"The other Casse," Conquest Daddyo was overlooked off a runner-up finish in the Aug. 15 Vandal Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 15, but finds himself a graded stakes victor in just his third start.
Just more than a month after Robert Marzilli's Caren became the first winner for the stallion Society's Chariman, the 2-year-old filly again provided her sire a milestone in the $150,000 Shady Well Stakes July 12 at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse scratched morning line favorite Conquest Typhoon from the $128,647 Swynford Stakes Sept. 7, but won the race for a third straight time anyway when Conquest Boogaloo came from behind at Woodbine.
Grade III winner Society's Chairman has gotten his first three mares in foal including Southern Oaks, a winning daughter of Vindication.
Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
Sand Cove, the odds-on favorite in a four-horse field, captured his sixth career stakes event in wire-to-wire fashion by winning the Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 8 at Woodbine.
Canadian champion One Way Love was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dream Lover won June 4 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago