The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company kicked off its 2-year-olds in training sale March 15 with across-the-board declines as a striking son of Uncle Mo topped the day's trading at $1.3 million.
"The other Casse," Conquest Daddyo was overlooked off a runner-up finish in the Aug. 15 Vandal Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 15, but finds himself a graded stakes victor in just his third start.
Just more than a month after Robert Marzilli's Caren became the first winner for the stallion Society's Chariman, the 2-year-old filly again provided her sire a milestone in the $150,000 Shady Well Stakes July 12 at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse scratched morning line favorite Conquest Typhoon from the $128,647 Swynford Stakes Sept. 7, but won the race for a third straight time anyway when Conquest Boogaloo came from behind at Woodbine.
Grade III winner Society's Chairman has gotten his first three mares in foal including Southern Oaks, a winning daughter of Vindication.
Canadian champion Sand Cove and graded stakes winner Society's Chairman have been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at James and Janeane Everatt's Shannondoe Farm near St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada.
Sand Cove, the odds-on favorite in a four-horse field, captured his sixth career stakes event in wire-to-wire fashion by winning the Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 8 at Woodbine.
Canadian champion One Way Love was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dream Lover won June 4 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm