Horses and Hope, an initiative that works within the equine industry to educate, promote awareness of, and raise funds for detection and treatment of breast cancer, has two upcoming events.
Churchill Downs Inc. reported record total wagering for the 138th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) day program of $39.9 million.
Standing in front of the statue of Man o' War at the Kentucky Horse Park June 7, Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear applauded passage of landmark legislation that will enhance the health and welfare of the horse.
Nearly a thousand people traveled to Kentucky's state capitol in Frankfort June 17 to rally for a cause they have stood behind for years: to boost the horse racing industry by way of expanded casino gaming.
"Horses and Hope," a new program designed to promote breast cancer awareness in Kentucky's horse industry, will be the focus of a special "Horses and Hope Day at the Races" Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
The Henry Clay Memorial Foundation has announced the recipient of the Henry Clay Medallion for Distinguished Service is Princess Haya of Jordan, the wife of Sheikh Mohammed.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded