Horses and Hope, an initiative that works within the equine industry to educate, promote awareness of, and raise funds for detection and treatment of breast cancer, has two upcoming events.
Churchill Downs Inc. reported record total wagering for the 138th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) day program of $39.9 million.
Standing in front of the statue of Man o' War at the Kentucky Horse Park June 7, Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear applauded passage of landmark legislation that will enhance the health and welfare of the horse.
Nearly a thousand people traveled to Kentucky's state capitol in Frankfort June 17 to rally for a cause they have stood behind for years: to boost the horse racing industry by way of expanded casino gaming.
"Horses and Hope," a new program designed to promote breast cancer awareness in Kentucky's horse industry, will be the focus of a special "Horses and Hope Day at the Races" Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
The Henry Clay Memorial Foundation has announced the recipient of the Henry Clay Medallion for Distinguished Service is Princess Haya of Jordan, the wife of Sheikh Mohammed.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016