Horses and Hope, an initiative that works within the equine industry to educate, promote awareness of, and raise funds for detection and treatment of breast cancer, has two upcoming events.
Churchill Downs Inc. reported record total wagering for the 138th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) day program of $39.9 million.
Standing in front of the statue of Man o' War at the Kentucky Horse Park June 7, Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear applauded passage of landmark legislation that will enhance the health and welfare of the horse.
Nearly a thousand people traveled to Kentucky's state capitol in Frankfort June 17 to rally for a cause they have stood behind for years: to boost the horse racing industry by way of expanded casino gaming.
"Horses and Hope," a new program designed to promote breast cancer awareness in Kentucky's horse industry, will be the focus of a special "Horses and Hope Day at the Races" Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
The Henry Clay Memorial Foundation has announced the recipient of the Henry Clay Medallion for Distinguished Service is Princess Haya of Jordan, the wife of Sheikh Mohammed.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55