Tom and Jesse Kagele sent Southern California allowance winner Pie N Burger to Texas-based trainer Cole Norman in hope of winning a stakes race. Little did the cousins know that they'd collect their first stakes win as owners in the richest race at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie's fifth annual Lone Star Million program.
Miss Bridget Jones dueled with favored Letithappencaptain into the stretch and drew away to a three-length victory in Saturday's $150,000 Stonerside Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Lone Star Park.
The 2003 Oaklawn Park meet started with cancellation of the opening weekend's cards due to terrible weather, but ended its 49-day run with an outstanding crowd of 61,752 for the Arkansas Derby program April 12.
Heavy favorite Beau's Town and jockey Jamie Theriot grabbed the lead on the turn and held off Honor Me and Rodney Trader through the stretch for a half-length victory in Thursday's $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Trainer Cole Norman surpassed a 29-year-old Oaklawn Park record Saturday for most winners in a season.
Beau's Town did not disappoint as the favorite, winning the $150,000 Pelleteri Breeders' Cup Handicap at six furlongs at Fair Grounds Sunday.
K.K. & Vilasini Jayaraman's Comic Truth, winner of the Lafayette Stakes at Evangeline Downs, heads a field of 10 2-year-olds entered Wednesday for Delta Downs' $500,000 Delta Jackpot Stakes at a mile Saturday.
Four riders have been caught up in the whirlwind called War Emblem, but only one was destined to ride to glory aboard the son of Our Emblem.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning