A Lope de Vega colt from the family of English and Irish group I winner Rizeena topped the Tattersalls December yearling sale Nov. 24, bringing 325,000 guineas ($535,921 in United States funds).
A Duke of Marmalade colt sold for 145,000 euros ($199,858 in United States funds) Oct. 22 to lead a second day of strong trade at the Arqana October yearling sale in Deauville.
The record price for a horse at the Arqana breeze-up sale was toppled at Saint-Cloud May 11 when a 2-year-old colt by 2009 European Horse of the Year Sea The Stars sold for 520,000 (US$675,196).
Tattersalls officials were cautiously optimistic ahead of select book 1 of the October yearling sale, which starts Oct. 7 at Newmarket in England. There are 611 lots cataloged, 122 less than last year, and Tattersalls marketing director Jimmy George is hoping that the global economy will not have too great an impact.
Fillies by Sadler's Wells and Key of Luck topped the final day of the Tattersalls October yearling sale part 1, realizing 1.2 million guineas and 900,000 guineas, respectively.
Part one of the Tattersalls October yearling ended its four-day run in England Friday with an average price of 119,509 guineas that was up 16% from a year ago. The median price remained the same at 70,000 guineas.
Pat Costello of Paramount Sales and Jamie Railton are teaming up to consign horses to the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Business was on the upswing Thursday at the Tattersalls February mixed sale in Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15