Dan Blacker got his brand new training career off to a quick start by capturing his first win in just his fourth start.
The Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale ended its four-day run Oct. 27 in England with a median price that was the same as a year ago.
Fantastic Pick will face four of the horses he defeated in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) last month when he goes for his first grade I victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby Nov. 28
Fantastic Pick, the longest shot in the field at 22-1, edged pacesetter Blue Panis after an eighth of a mile long battle to win the $150,000 Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park Oct. 16
Trainer Jamie Lloyd savored his first victory with Brag, a 4-year-old filly that won a $55,000 allowance race at one mile on turf Sunday.
British-born Jamie Lloyd, currently assistant to Patrick Gallagher in California, is set to train the top lot at yesterday's Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale , the 160,000-guinea 2-year-old Shermeen (by Desert Style).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win