A hearing has been scheduled for April 23 into trainer Rick Dutrow's appeal of a 15-day suspension from Kentucky stewards after his horse, Salute the Count, allegedly tested positive for an excessive amount of clenbuterol following a stakes race at Churchill Downs on May 2, 2008.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission postponed taking action Oct. 27 on trainer Rick Dutrow Jr.'s suspension and sent his case back to a hearing officer to gather more information.
A hearing officer has recommended the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission overturn a 15-day suspension given trainer Rick Dutrow for a positive clenbuterol test, but the commission has indicated it will challenge the finding.
- By Tom LaMarra
Trainer Patrick Biancone, suspended for one year for possessing on the grounds of Keeneland three sealed vials of alpha-cobratoxin (cobra venom), a Class A substance under the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Uniform Drug and Medication Classification Schedule, was granted a stay Oct. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh