With Jose Ortiz setting her loose three wide turning for home, Royal Lahaina pounced on the lead, opened a two-length advantage in mid-stretch, and was never threatened late in upsetting the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap.
Versatile grade I winner Willy Beamin will stick to route racing when he faces an expected five other 3-year-olds in the Discovery Handicap (gr. III) on Nov. 17 at Aqueduct.
Bouncing right back from a restricted stakes romp just three days earlier, Willy Beamin closed with a rush to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop (gr. I) in his graded stakes debut Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
The Maryland Racing Commission has upheld a decision by Laurel Park stewards to disqualify King and Crusader from a victory in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship.
An attorney representing horse owner James Riccio has filed an appeal of the disqualification of King and Crusader from his Dec. 17 win in the Maryland Juvenile Championship at Laurel Park.
A horse trained by Rick Dutrow Jr. has been disqualified from a stakes victory at Laurel Park because he was administrated Salix within two hours of the race, a violation of Maryland racing rules.
Claimed for $14,000 earlier this year, 6-year-old Endless Circle paid big dividends in his graded stakes debut, rallying to take the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths on Thanksgiving Day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand