Newsdad, switching from turf to Polytrack and shortening up for the closing day $150,000 Fayette Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland, swept to a two-length victory under meet-leading rider Julien Leparoux Oct. 27.
Pender Harbour, Canada's champion 3-year-old male of 2011, will try to make it two straight when he takes on five rivals in the Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine July 1.
Extra distance was the key for James Karp's homebred Newsdad to exact revenge on Simmard, as the son of Arch came from off the pace to win the $150,000 Pan American (gr. IIT) against a short field March 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start