The donation came from Gulfstream Park's Thoroughbred Aftercare Program, which has raised more than $250,000 during the last two years.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance announced Nov. 8 that it has hired James Hastie as the its executive director, effective Nov. 18, 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support