The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance noted Aug. 1 that it is receiving significant and growing support from the sales sector, with participation from buyers, consignors, and sale companies.
The donation came from Gulfstream Park's Thoroughbred Aftercare Program, which has raised more than $250,000 during the last two years.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance announced Nov. 8 that it has hired James Hastie as the its executive director, effective Nov. 18, 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill