The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance noted Aug. 1 that it is receiving significant and growing support from the sales sector, with participation from buyers, consignors, and sale companies.
The donation came from Gulfstream Park's Thoroughbred Aftercare Program, which has raised more than $250,000 during the last two years.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance announced Nov. 8 that it has hired James Hastie as the its executive director, effective Nov. 18, 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination