The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance noted Aug. 1 that it is receiving significant and growing support from the sales sector, with participation from buyers, consignors, and sale companies.
The donation came from Gulfstream Park's Thoroughbred Aftercare Program, which has raised more than $250,000 during the last two years.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has announced that 23 accredited facilities are now eligible to receive financial grants from the organization for the ongoing care of retired Thoroughbreds.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance announced Nov. 8 that it has hired James Hastie as the its executive director, effective Nov. 18, 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates