Top of the market buyers continued to spend on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale April 8 as six horses each broke the seven-figure mark, led by a son of Snitzel for $2.2 million (US$1,695,391).
A son of I Am Invincible sold for the highest price of $300,000 ($US234,577) at the second session of the Inglis classic yearling summer sale Feb. 9 as robust trading continued in Sydney, Australia.
The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
The three-day first session of the Inglis Easter yearling sale concluded April 11 with healthy increases in the three primary market indicators, boosted by a Australasian record-smashing half brother to Black Caviar.
The first four sessions of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale wrapped up Jan. 12 with gains over last year in three key economic indicators. A Fastnet Rock filly topped the fourth session.
The Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale opened Jan. 11 in Australia with an increase of 5.3% in median price from a year ago. However, the number sold, gross, and average price for the first session declined.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory