Kentucky-breds racing at Churchill Downs on the days of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) will be designated with the 'Kentucky Proud' logo next to their names on the race programs.
Agriculture economists at the University of Kentucky are forecasting an upturn in cash receipts from horses in the Bluegrass state in 2013 after the equine industry experienced steady sales in 2012.
Kentucky Republican Senate President David Williams is vacating that post to accept a judgeship in the southern part of the state.
An amended bill that would authorize a constitutional amendment on allowing up to seven casinos in Kentucky was approved Feb. 22 by the Senate Committee on State and Local Government and will be sent to the full Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins