Kentucky-breds racing at Churchill Downs on the days of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) will be designated with the 'Kentucky Proud' logo next to their names on the race programs.
Agriculture economists at the University of Kentucky are forecasting an upturn in cash receipts from horses in the Bluegrass state in 2013 after the equine industry experienced steady sales in 2012.
Kentucky Republican Senate President David Williams is vacating that post to accept a judgeship in the southern part of the state.
An amended bill that would authorize a constitutional amendment on allowing up to seven casinos in Kentucky was approved Feb. 22 by the Senate Committee on State and Local Government and will be sent to the full Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance