Kentucky-breds racing at Churchill Downs on the days of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) will be designated with the 'Kentucky Proud' logo next to their names on the race programs.
Agriculture economists at the University of Kentucky are forecasting an upturn in cash receipts from horses in the Bluegrass state in 2013 after the equine industry experienced steady sales in 2012.
Kentucky Republican Senate President David Williams is vacating that post to accept a judgeship in the southern part of the state.
An amended bill that would authorize a constitutional amendment on allowing up to seven casinos in Kentucky was approved Feb. 22 by the Senate Committee on State and Local Government and will be sent to the full Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory