Kentucky-breds racing at Churchill Downs on the days of the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) will be designated with the 'Kentucky Proud' logo next to their names on the race programs.
Agriculture economists at the University of Kentucky are forecasting an upturn in cash receipts from horses in the Bluegrass state in 2013 after the equine industry experienced steady sales in 2012.
Kentucky Republican Senate President David Williams is vacating that post to accept a judgeship in the southern part of the state.
An amended bill that would authorize a constitutional amendment on allowing up to seven casinos in Kentucky was approved Feb. 22 by the Senate Committee on State and Local Government and will be sent to the full Senate.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up