Veteran gelding Rahystrada earned his 10th career victory when he kicked clear in the stretch run for jockey Inez Karlsson and held off defending champion Just as Well by a half length in the $150,000 Arlington Handicap.
Trippi, a grade I winner, came through with his first winner May 10 when his son Triplethepleasure won at Calder Race Course in his first start.
By Evan Hammonds -- Action This Day, the champion 2-year-old colt of last year and co-highweight on the Experimental, whose Dosage Index is 1.56, shows, on paper, that his precocity and pedigree has what it takes in the spring of 2004.
Wander Mom, third in the My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) last year, was in control of Saturday's running at Calder, taking the lead within the first quarter mile of the 1 1/8-mile Grand Slam I turf event and hanging on strongly at the end.
Suspicious Native, whose unbeaten son Meadowlake is the sire of champion Meadow Star and 46 other stakes winners, died May 23 at Robert Courtney's Crestfield Farm near Lexington.
Champions Ajina and Storm Song have new homes after being purchased privately this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards