Trainer Michael Matz switched Nicanor to the turf for his fourth career start and it clearly suited the colt well, as he demolished a maiden special weight field by 15 1/4 lengths at Delaware Park May 13. He is a full brother to 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro
La Ville Rouge produced another full brother to Barbaro March 10 at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington. The colt, who was born at 10:45 p.m. and weighs 142 pounds, is by Dynaformer.
The public unveiling of a bronze statue to celebrate the life of 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro will take place at Churchill Downs April 26. The announcement came on the second anniversary of Barbaro's passing on Jan. 29, 2007.
- By Ron Mitchell
The connections of Barbaro, the deceased winner of last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), were honored Feb. 5 in a resolution adopted by the Pennsylvania state Senate.
- By Dan Liebman
On the day of the Eclipse Awards, Dr. Dean Richardson is presented the Big Sport of Turfdom Award from the Turf Publicists of America.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online