While no horses being pointed to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) worked at Churchill Downs April 25, a pair of fillies being pointed to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) breezed.
Stuart Janney III and Phipps Stable's Orb visited the Belmont Park paddock before galloping 1 1/2 miles on a sloppy surface May 12 and remained on schedule to ship to Maryland May 13.
Goldencents, who will be ridden by regular jockey Kevin Krigger in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), arrived at Pimlico May 7.
The Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner brings Team O'Neill back to Churchill Downs one year after their victory with I'll Have Another. Assistant trainer Jack Sisterson leads the colt into barn 45. watch video
In spite of the roller coaster ride he's been on with I'll Have Another over the past two months, trainer Doug O'Neill was right back to work at his Befair Hollywood Park stable office at 7 a.m. the morning after the Belmont.
Preakness Report: Jack Sisterson read blog
I'll Have Another made it to the track May 9 for the first time since his upset win in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) four days earlier, jogging around muddy Pimlico Race Course.
Reddam Racing's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another was settled into his new home in Barn D at Pimlico Race Course May 8 as the focus has shifted toward the 137th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) on May 19.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another departed Churchill Downs at 1:19 p.m. May 7 and was taken to nearby Louisville International Airport for a flight to Baltimore, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules