Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek, racing in Saudi Arabia under the name Wattani, continued his success with a powerful victory Feb. 15 at King Abdulaziz Racecourse in Riyadh.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek, who blew away the field by 6 3/4 lengths in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational Stakes (gr. I) in his most recent start, has been sold to an undisclosed buyer overseas.
Ron the Greek turned it on in a big way in the $400,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park Jan. 19, overpowering his state-bred foes by 11 1/4 lengths on an off track.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek registered his first published work since a runner-up finish in the Aug. 24 Whitney Invitational, breezing four furlongs in :49.95 on the Oklahoma Training Track Aug. 31.
Grade I winners Ron the Greek and Flat Out are on target for the Aug. 4 race.
Trainer Bill Mott's team swooped into Southern California with Ron the Greek to snare the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) in convincing style March 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury