Superior Storm, a four-time Louisiana champion, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Proud Spell, the 2008 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner, finished second to Superior Storm as the odds-on favorite when the filly made her 2009 debut March 12 in an allowance/optional claiming race Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies