J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud has set 2017 stud fees for its expanded 13-stallion roster, led again by Canadian Horse of the Year Uncaptured and grade I winner The Big Beast, who will both stand for a fee of $6,000, stands and nurses.
The Jockey Club announced the election of Barbara Banke and J. Michael O’Farrell Jr. to its board of stewards, filling the expired positions of Stella F. Thayer and Peter S. Willmott.
High Cotton will remain at $7,500 stands and nurses, while new stallion Prospective still stand for $5,000.
Prospective, Malibu Moon's grade II-winning earner of $719,130, has been retired from racing and will stand at J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud in Florida for the 2014 breeding season.
Leading Florida second-crop stallion High Cotton will see his fee rise 50% after leading the state's freshman sire list a year ago, when the 2013 breeding season commences at Ocala Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal