J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud has set 2017 stud fees for its expanded 13-stallion roster, led again by Canadian Horse of the Year Uncaptured and grade I winner The Big Beast, who will both stand for a fee of $6,000, stands and nurses.
The Jockey Club announced the election of Barbara Banke and J. Michael O’Farrell Jr. to its board of stewards, filling the expired positions of Stella F. Thayer and Peter S. Willmott.
High Cotton will remain at $7,500 stands and nurses, while new stallion Prospective still stand for $5,000.
Prospective, Malibu Moon's grade II-winning earner of $719,130, has been retired from racing and will stand at J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud in Florida for the 2014 breeding season.
Leading Florida second-crop stallion High Cotton will see his fee rise 50% after leading the state's freshman sire list a year ago, when the 2013 breeding season commences at Ocala Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby