Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends