Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- TOBA June Member of the Month
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds