The Fares Farm dispersal at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7-11 conjured a lot of bittersweet emotions and memories for the Fares family and Shannon White, who managed the Lexington-based farm.
Issam Fares' Fares Farm, breeder of two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, will completely disperse its Thoroughbred breeding and racing stock at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Sherriff's Deputy, the dam of two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, has been euthanized at Issam Fares' Fares Farm near Lexington because of complications from laminitis.
Embur's Song, a finalist for 2011 Canadian champion older female and a graded stakes winner at Keeneland, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare for owner Issam Fares,
After standing 20 years at Alec Head's stud farm in Normandy, France, Highest Honor, a French champion and two-time leading sire, has been pensioned.
Champion Miss Alleged, one of only two fillies to win the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), was euthanized Feb. 28 because of a ruptured uterine artery after foaling a Miesque's Son filly the previous day.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews