The field for this weekend's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) is similar to the recently concluded Florida Derby (gr. I) in one important way: Both major Kentucky Derby preps drew full fields of promising but unproven 3-year-olds.
The $750,000 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds on Saturday, March 27, has drawn a field of 13, headed by Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Discreetly Mine.
Jim Tafel's 3-year-old Fast Alex may have put himself in the picture for the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) with a solid victory in an allowance race at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell