Trainers comment on the offspring of Speightstown they have raced. Read the full feature in the Jan. 12, 2013, issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
Headed by national female sprint champion Musical Romance and multiple grade I winner Turbulent Descent, the $200,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) Sept. 22 at Belmont Park came up as an exceptionally tough race.
Turbulent Descent returns to the scene of one of her most impressive victories when she makes her second start of the year Aug. 24 in the $500,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
C C's Pal closed into a torrid pace and held off a late run from Island Bound to get the victory Aug. 3 in the $200,000 Honorable Miss (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
C C's Pal, who has won or placed in 22 of 30 starts for owner Eric Fein and trainer Rick Dutrow, tops the eight-horse field of older fillies and mares entered in the Aug. 3 Honorable Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga.
Island Bound picked up the first added-money victory of her career when she came from off the pace to take the $110,100 Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 2.
The Bret Calhoun-trained trio of Beat the Blues, Speedacious, and Gleaming highlight a field of eight fillies and mares entered for the June 2 Winning Colors (gr. III) to be run under the lights at Churchill Downs June 2.
Grade II winner Magical Feeling, a winner of more than half of her starts, added another victory to her record by taking the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes for fillies and mares at Charles Town Races April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death