Dortmund pushed his record in Southern California to a perfect seven-for-seven Nov. 28 at Del Mar, taking the $150,000 Native Diver with ease in his first start at the seaside racetrack.
Scratched from the Clark Handicap (gr. I) because of a quarter-crack, Kaleem Shah's Dortmund will stay home for his next race, the $150,000 Native Diver (gr. III) Nov. 28 at Del Mar.
Rallying three wide at the top of the stretch, Frosted put away Iron Fist and cruised to victory by two lengths in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) on Saturday, Sept. 19 at Parx Racing.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Parx Racing. read blog
Trainer Dan Hendricks has the colt pointed to the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) Aug. 9, which would be his first start at Del Mar since that standout victory last August.
Trainer Bob Baffert scored his 12th victory in the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 3 when Zayat Stables homebred American Pharoah posted an impressive gate-to-wire victory over Calculator in the seven-furlong test.
Skyway and Henry's Holiday, first and second in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) last time out, head the field for the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) as the popular summer meet comes to a close Sept. 3.
Jockey Darren Beadman gave an enthusiastic thumbs up for Viva Pataca after the champion completed his pre-Dubai departure work with a win in a mile barrier trial Monday, March 17, at Sha Tin Racecourse in Hong Kong.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course