Dortmund pushed his record in Southern California to a perfect seven-for-seven Nov. 28 at Del Mar, taking the $150,000 Native Diver with ease in his first start at the seaside racetrack.
Scratched from the Clark Handicap (gr. I) because of a quarter-crack, Kaleem Shah's Dortmund will stay home for his next race, the $150,000 Native Diver (gr. III) Nov. 28 at Del Mar.
Rallying three wide at the top of the stretch, Frosted put away Iron Fist and cruised to victory by two lengths in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) on Saturday, Sept. 19 at Parx Racing.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Parx Racing. read blog
Trainer Dan Hendricks has the colt pointed to the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) Aug. 9, which would be his first start at Del Mar since that standout victory last August.
Trainer Bob Baffert scored his 12th victory in the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 3 when Zayat Stables homebred American Pharoah posted an impressive gate-to-wire victory over Calculator in the seven-furlong test.
Skyway and Henry's Holiday, first and second in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) last time out, head the field for the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) as the popular summer meet comes to a close Sept. 3.
Jockey Darren Beadman gave an enthusiastic thumbs up for Viva Pataca after the champion completed his pre-Dubai departure work with a win in a mile barrier trial Monday, March 17, at Sha Tin Racecourse in Hong Kong.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs