Maggi Moss' Delaunay, a winner of more than $1.1 million, ended his streak of second-place finishes in the Iowa Sprint Handicap with a victory in the $125,000 event the evening of June 26 at Prairie Meadows.
Delaunay, winner of 18 races and over $1.1 million in purse money through 52 outings, is 8-5 morning line favorite in the Iowa Sprint Handicap and the most accomplished runner in the Friday, June 26, Prairie Meadows race.
With six stakes worth more than $1 million, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino will hold its biggest racing weekend of the year June 24-25, highlighted by the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III).
Winless in six starts since capturing last fall's Super Derby (gr. II), My Pal Charlie is the 120-pound high weight for the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) on June 27.
James and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw, who finished sixth behind Caller One in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), makes his stateside return in a command performance in the $150,000 Iowa Sprint Handicap July 4 as the Iowa Festival of Racing rolls into day two at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic