The value of all horses exported by Kentucky rose 33.1% to $195.2 million. This number includes all breeds, but Thoroughbreds typically account for at least three-quarters of the number of horses shipped abroad.
Coolmore is planning to develop, along with the Irish government, a Thoroughbred industry in China. The project involves racetracks, a training center, and the export of 100 mares from Ireland to China.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby