The value of all horses exported by Kentucky rose 33.1% to $195.2 million. This number includes all breeds, but Thoroughbreds typically account for at least three-quarters of the number of horses shipped abroad.
Coolmore is planning to develop, along with the Irish government, a Thoroughbred industry in China. The project involves racetracks, a training center, and the export of 100 mares from Ireland to China.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start