The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, Longines, and the Hong Kong Jockey Club announced Sept. 22 that the jockey with the best performance in the world's highest-rated races will be honored.
The chairman of the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities (IFHA), Louis Romanet, has issued a statement on behalf of the organization regarding animal cruelty allegations in the U.S.
Wise Dan, the reigning North American Horse of the Year, has been surpassed by 3-year-old filly Treve on the list of "World's Best Racehorse Rankings."
The latest developments in medical and technological research that may improve the welfare, health, and safety of jockeys will be presented at an international conference to be held at Monmouth Park Sept. 13-14.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth