The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, Longines, and the Hong Kong Jockey Club announced Sept. 22 that the jockey with the best performance in the world's highest-rated races will be honored.
The chairman of the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities (IFHA), Louis Romanet, has issued a statement on behalf of the organization regarding animal cruelty allegations in the U.S.
Wise Dan, the reigning North American Horse of the Year, has been surpassed by 3-year-old filly Treve on the list of "World's Best Racehorse Rankings."
The latest developments in medical and technological research that may improve the welfare, health, and safety of jockeys will be presented at an international conference to be held at Monmouth Park Sept. 13-14.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off