Magical Fantasy looks for her fourth consecutive graded stakes win for trainer Paddy Gallagher as the probable favorite in Oak Tree's $300,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Oct. 10.
Internallyflawless, making her second start of the year for trainer Bob Baffert, took the lead into the stretch and held off challenges from heavy favorite Well Monied and outsider Nan to win the $350,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on turf Aug. 22.
American Oaks (gr. IT) runner-up Well Monied heads a full field of 3-year-old fillies for the $350,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 22 on the turf at the seaside track.
Starlarks flew from last for jockey Alex Solis to head Strawberry Tart in the final couple of jumps, winning the San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) in an 11-1 surprise at Del Mar Aug. 1.
Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Carlsbad makes her turf debut as the 120-pound high weight in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Aug. 1.
Habaya, a daughter of Storm Cat out of the Eclipse Award-winning turf mare Golden Apples, came from off the pace to earn her first graded stakes win in the Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28.
Shadwell homebred Habaya, second most recently in the JP Morgan Chase Jessamine Stakes at Keeneland, invades Hollywood Park for the $100,000 Miesque (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the lawn Nov. 28.
It was another sun-splashed morning at Santa Anita Oct. 24 as a large contingent of horsemen, fans, and media awaited the first day of the two-day Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered