The head of the West Virginia Department of Revenue has issued a directive that orders the state racing commission to continue providing its own legal services.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said July 8 it has asked the West Virginia Supreme Court to void an interagency agreement approved by the state racing and lottery commissions in June.
The West Virginia Racing Commission June 18 unanimously approved an "interagency agreement" that will allow it to request assistance from the West Virginia Lottery Commission.
The West Virginia Racing Commission May 21 rejected a controversial interagency agreement that owners, trainers, and breeders claim would have put the state Lottery Commission in charge of Thoroughbred and Greyhound racing.
The West Virginia Racing Commission April 16 deferred action on a controversial agreement that would place the commission and other agencies under the West Virginia Lottery Commission.
Action on an agreement horsemen view as an attempt to perhaps eliminate an agency that solely regulates horse and dog racing was deferred by the West Virginia Racing Commission Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina