Graded stakes winners Admiral Kitten and Jack Milton ship in for the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Dec. 1, where they will face a solid group of local 3-year-olds on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf.
Well-traveled Charming Kitten drew the far outside post in a field of 10 sophomores as the 7-2 morning-line favorite in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) on the turf Oct. 5 in Illinois.
Gabriel Charles and Ethnic Dance used different tactics to get there, but both were winners in separate divisions of the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 1.
With two dozen 3-year-olds overflowing the entry box, the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) was split into two divisions to be contested on the turf Sept. 1.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2013 August Yearling Sale, with 841 youngsters cataloged, begins its three-day run Tuesday, Aug. 20.
Infinite Magic, overlooked at 12-1 odds, prevailed by head over Admiral Kitten and Stormy Len to register his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIIT) July 13 over the Arlington Park turf.
WinStar Farm's General Election, winner of the first leg of the Mid-America Triple--the May 25 Arlington Classic--returns to Arlington July 13 to pursue the second race of the series, the $200,000 American Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru