Live racing returns to historic Pimlico Race Course Thursday, April 2, for the opening of its 37-day spring meet, highlighted by the 140th renewal of the $1.5 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) Saturday, May 16.
Infield seats include Preakness InfieldFest, a multi-entertainment festival featuring national headlining artists on two stages and unique attractions throughout the day to give fans an unparalleled entertainment experience.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced 2012 Preakness InfieldFest will include performances by Grammy Award nominees Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced April 20 the public infield will be open Kentucky Derby Day, May 7.
The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced Feb. 5 it is redefining the infield experience on Preakness Day, May 16 with three rock performances.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group