The Maryland Jockey Club announced Oct. 14 that tickets for the 2017 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II), and InfieldFest at Pimlico Race Course will go on sale at 10 a.m. EDT, Oct. 17.
Live racing returns to historic Pimlico Race Course Thursday, April 2, for the opening of its 37-day spring meet, highlighted by the 140th renewal of the $1.5 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) Saturday, May 16.
Infield seats include Preakness InfieldFest, a multi-entertainment festival featuring national headlining artists on two stages and unique attractions throughout the day to give fans an unparalleled entertainment experience.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced 2012 Preakness InfieldFest will include performances by Grammy Award nominees Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced April 20 the public infield will be open Kentucky Derby Day, May 7.
The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced Feb. 5 it is redefining the infield experience on Preakness Day, May 16 with three rock performances.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win