Artemis Agrotera polished off pacesetter La Verdad midstretch and sprinted clear to an overpowering victory in the $500,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 23 at Saratoga Race Course.
Artemis Agrotera proved her smashing debut maiden win over New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course was no fluke when she captured the $500,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Roger J. Devenport's Unbridled Elaine beat Unrestrained by 3 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies.
With a $250,000 purse and a grade II rating, Saturday's Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks at Monmouth Park has attracted some accomplished fillies, but Astrid is hoping her home court advantage will net a win.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC