Artemis Agrotera polished off pacesetter La Verdad midstretch and sprinted clear to an overpowering victory in the $500,000 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 23 at Saratoga Race Course.
Artemis Agrotera proved her smashing debut maiden win over New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course was no fluke when she captured the $500,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Roger J. Devenport's Unbridled Elaine beat Unrestrained by 3 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $250,000 Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies.
With a $250,000 purse and a grade II rating, Saturday's Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks at Monmouth Park has attracted some accomplished fillies, but Astrid is hoping her home court advantage will net a win.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz