A handsome gray colt by Medaglia d'Oro lit up the Fasig-Tipton auction ring Oct. 23 when he was purchased by Mark Casse for $440,000 on the third and last day of the fall yearling sale.
Red Oak Stable's Strolling Belle is the highweight for Saturday's grade III, $100,000 Turnback the Alarm at Aqueduct. The 5-year-old daughter of Strolling Along won the Personal Ensign at Monmouth before being disqualified from second in her last outing, the Long Look at the Meadowlands, when jockey Eibar Coa struck a rival with his whip.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al