A handsome gray colt by Medaglia d'Oro lit up the Fasig-Tipton auction ring Oct. 23 when he was purchased by Mark Casse for $440,000 on the third and last day of the fall yearling sale.
Red Oak Stable's Strolling Belle is the highweight for Saturday's grade III, $100,000 Turnback the Alarm at Aqueduct. The 5-year-old daughter of Strolling Along won the Personal Ensign at Monmouth before being disqualified from second in her last outing, the Long Look at the Meadowlands, when jockey Eibar Coa struck a rival with his whip.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule