A handsome gray colt by Medaglia d'Oro lit up the Fasig-Tipton auction ring Oct. 23 when he was purchased by Mark Casse for $440,000 on the third and last day of the fall yearling sale.
Red Oak Stable's Strolling Belle is the highweight for Saturday's grade III, $100,000 Turnback the Alarm at Aqueduct. The 5-year-old daughter of Strolling Along won the Personal Ensign at Monmouth before being disqualified from second in her last outing, the Long Look at the Meadowlands, when jockey Eibar Coa struck a rival with his whip.
Most Popular Stories
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- A Case for Full Siblings