A game winner of the American Oaks (gr. IT) one month ago, Lady of Shamrock can make it back-to-back grade I wins when she takes on nine sophomore filly rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 18.
Trainer Bob Baffert wanted to experiment with the inconsistent filly Eden's Moon on turf and his hunch paid off when the odds-on choice led from the start to take the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
Making her career debut on turf, grade I winner Eden's Moon is the 121-pound high weight in an evenly-matched group of 3-year-old fillies entered for the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar July 22.
Killer Graces and Charm the Maker, the first two finishers in last December's Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), will both be making their turf debuts in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 7 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T