A game winner of the American Oaks (gr. IT) one month ago, Lady of Shamrock can make it back-to-back grade I wins when she takes on nine sophomore filly rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 18.
Trainer Bob Baffert wanted to experiment with the inconsistent filly Eden's Moon on turf and his hunch paid off when the odds-on choice led from the start to take the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
Making her career debut on turf, grade I winner Eden's Moon is the 121-pound high weight in an evenly-matched group of 3-year-old fillies entered for the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar July 22.
Killer Graces and Charm the Maker, the first two finishers in last December's Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), will both be making their turf debuts in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 7 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth