A game winner of the American Oaks (gr. IT) one month ago, Lady of Shamrock can make it back-to-back grade I wins when she takes on nine sophomore filly rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 18.
Trainer Bob Baffert wanted to experiment with the inconsistent filly Eden's Moon on turf and his hunch paid off when the odds-on choice led from the start to take the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
Making her career debut on turf, grade I winner Eden's Moon is the 121-pound high weight in an evenly-matched group of 3-year-old fillies entered for the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar July 22.
Killer Graces and Charm the Maker, the first two finishers in last December's Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), will both be making their turf debuts in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 7 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS