Sassy Image, upset winner of the Humana Distaff (gr. I) for the owner-trainer brother duo of Jerry Romans and Dale Romans, headlines a field of 10 fillies and mares entered in the $100,000 Winning Colors (gr. III).
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
John Ferguson purchased a quartet of 3-year-olds for a total of 10.1 million gns ($19,840,540) on a lively opening breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket yesterday. He also set a new European record for a filly when he bought Satwa Queen for 3.4 millin gns (nearly $6.7 million).
Indian Ink made the most of a 15 minute downpour that occurred shortly before post time to romp home by a widening six lengths in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on Friday.
Indian Ink celebrated her first victory at the highest level with a gutsy win in the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator