Sassy Image, upset winner of the Humana Distaff (gr. I) for the owner-trainer brother duo of Jerry Romans and Dale Romans, headlines a field of 10 fillies and mares entered in the $100,000 Winning Colors (gr. III).
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
John Ferguson purchased a quartet of 3-year-olds for a total of 10.1 million gns ($19,840,540) on a lively opening breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket yesterday. He also set a new European record for a filly when he bought Satwa Queen for 3.4 millin gns (nearly $6.7 million).
Indian Ink made the most of a 15 minute downpour that occurred shortly before post time to romp home by a widening six lengths in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on Friday.
Indian Ink celebrated her first victory at the highest level with a gutsy win in the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones