Sassy Image, upset winner of the Humana Distaff (gr. I) for the owner-trainer brother duo of Jerry Romans and Dale Romans, headlines a field of 10 fillies and mares entered in the $100,000 Winning Colors (gr. III).
The Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners will honor the 2009 state-bred Horse of the Year Ohio Horse of the Year and divisional champions at their Annual Awards Banquet to be held in May at River Downs.
John Ferguson purchased a quartet of 3-year-olds for a total of 10.1 million gns ($19,840,540) on a lively opening breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket yesterday. He also set a new European record for a filly when he bought Satwa Queen for 3.4 millin gns (nearly $6.7 million).
Indian Ink made the most of a 15 minute downpour that occurred shortly before post time to romp home by a widening six lengths in the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot on Friday.
Indian Ink celebrated her first victory at the highest level with a gutsy win in the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses