California-bred Gimme Da Lute is the only 3-year-old in the field of the Oct. 3 Santa Anita Sprint Championship (gr. I).
Grade I winner Wild Dude got within a head of front-running Appealing Tale in the stretch during the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes at Del Mar, but the pacesetter re-rallied on the rail to secure his first graded victory.
Coming off arguably the best performance of his career, Gary and Cecil Barber's Appealing Tale will dial back to seven furlongs in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 22.
Secret Circle and Goldencents, a pair of indomitable Breeders' Cup winners from last year, clash in the $300,000 Santa Anita Sprint Championship (gr. I) Oct. 4 at Santa Anita Park.
Dual grade I winner Goldencents returns to Del Mar to face recent Triple Bend (gr. I) winner Declassify in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) July 26, a race the Doug O'Neill trainee was second in last year.
Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) winner Alberts Hope heads a field of 11 juveniles in the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) on Sept. 4, closing day of the 2013 summer stand at the Southern California track.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- America's Galileo