California-bred Gimme Da Lute is the only 3-year-old in the field of the Oct. 3 Santa Anita Sprint Championship (gr. I).
Grade I winner Wild Dude got within a head of front-running Appealing Tale in the stretch during the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes at Del Mar, but the pacesetter re-rallied on the rail to secure his first graded victory.
Coming off arguably the best performance of his career, Gary and Cecil Barber's Appealing Tale will dial back to seven furlongs in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 22.
Secret Circle and Goldencents, a pair of indomitable Breeders' Cup winners from last year, clash in the $300,000 Santa Anita Sprint Championship (gr. I) Oct. 4 at Santa Anita Park.
Dual grade I winner Goldencents returns to Del Mar to face recent Triple Bend (gr. I) winner Declassify in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) July 26, a race the Doug O'Neill trainee was second in last year.
Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) winner Alberts Hope heads a field of 11 juveniles in the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) on Sept. 4, closing day of the 2013 summer stand at the Southern California track.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer